A legal data ecosystem helps to address the significant challenges of running the legal works and securely providing the ways to carry out key functions. While deciding to start the ecosystem journey in law firm, consider
the following questions.
- What are the most crucial issues that must be addressed? This can range from knowledge retention to creating litigation support team
- How can the total effort be divided into phases and what is the goal of each phase?
- What are the communities involved in the legal eco system?
- What are the strategic objectives or focus of the ecosystem and how will they be accomplished?
- How do we ensure to meet interdepartmental needs?
- What will the ecosystem look like when it is completed?
The next step is to look at the processes that the legal and compliance teams will use to
accomplish their objectives. These processes must be clearly documented, validated
and streamlined using the right approach.
Build the team
Identify the internal resources who know the business best and those who will have the necessary experience and insight to hone the existing processes and decide how other factors such as
legal research, vendor selection and technology can support the ecosystem building.